Polakowski, Michał (2020) Kryzysy i reformy systemów emerytalnych w Europie – analiza porównawcza. Warszawa: Fundacja ICRA.
Polakowski, Michal (2010) The Institutional Transformation of Social Policy in East Central Europe. Poland and Hungary in Comparative and Institutional Perspective. Maastricht: Boekenplan MGSOG Dissertation Series, no 14/2010.
Szelewa, D. and M. Polakowski (forthcoming 2021). Explaining the weakness of social investment policies in the Visegrád countries: the cases of childcare and active labor market policies. The World Politics of Social Investment. In J. Garritzmann, S. Häusermann and B. Palier (eds.). Oxford: Oxford University Press.
Hagemejer, K. and M. Polakowski (forthcoming 2022) Financial sustainability of social security: between accounting and instrumentalization. Sustainability.
McGinnity, F. Bertrand Enright, S., Quinn, E., Privalko, I., Darmody, M., Polakowski, M. (2020) Monitoring report on integration 2020. Dublin: Economic and Social Research Institute.
Szelewa, D. and M. Polakowski (2020). The “ugly” Face of Social Investment? the Politics of Childcare in Central and Eastern Europe. Social Policy & Administration 54(1):14-27.
Polakowski, Michal and Krzysztof Hagemejer (2018). Poland. In: Isabel Ortiz, Fabio Durán-Valverde et. al. (eds.) Reversing Pension Privatizations: Rebuilding public pension systems in Eastern Europe and Latin America Geneva: International Labour Organization. https://www.social-protection.org/gimi/gess/RessourcePDF.action?id=55301
Polakowski, Michal and Ryszard Szarfenberg (2018) Social policy of a mature socialism. Social Policy. Special Edition: 100 years of Polish Social Policy 1(14). https://www.ipiss.com.pl/psnumery/14a
Szelewa, Dorota and M. Polakowski (2018) Bitter Debates: Flight, Immigration and the Polish Left. In M. Broening and C.P. Mohr (eds.) The Politics of Migration and The Future of the European Left. Bonn: Dietz Verlag.
Polakowski, Michal (2018) Old-age pension systems’ reforms in Germany, Greece and France – a social citizenship perspective. Research Papers of Wrocław University of Economics 16: 165-180. https://www.ceeol.com/search/article-detail?id=720216
Polakowski, Michal and Dorota Szelewa (2016) Poland in the migration chain causes and consequences Transfer: European Review of Labour and Research 22(2): 207-218 https://doi.org/10.1177/1024258916636581
Polakowski, Michal (2012) Social and Economic Conditions for Pension Reforms in Europe. Studia Biura Analiz Sejmowych 2(30);
Szelewa, Dorota and Michal Polakowski (2008) Who cares? Changing patterns of childcare in Central and Eastern Europe. Journal of European Social Policy 18(2): 115-131 https://doi.org/10.1177%2F0958928707087589 Also published in Journal of Hungarian Social Policy 1/2009 (in Hungarian);
Polakowski, Michal and Dorota Szelewa (2007) Porownawcze studium swiadczen dla osob bezrobotnych w Europie Srodkowo-Wschodniej [A comparative study of unemployment compensation in Central and Eastern Europe], Social Policy Problems. Studies and Debates 11/2008
Polakowski, Michal (2004) Retrenchment po szwedzku” [Retrenchment in a Swedish Way] in: Social Policy Problems. Studies and Debates 7/2004: 33-52.
Polakowski, Michal, Bastian Sendhardt and Dorota Szelewa (eds) (2018) The Future of the Welfare State. Perspectives from the Baltic Sea Region. Warsaw: Friedrich Ebert Office in Poland and ICRA. https://library.fes.de/pdf-files/bueros/warschau/14095.pdf
Kenichi Hirose, Krzysztof Hagemejer and Michal Polakowski (eds) (2016) Social Security System of Ukraine in 2014–15 and Beyond. Towards effective social protection floors Geneva: International Labour Organization. https://www.ilo.org/wcmsp5/groups/public/—europe/—ro-geneva/—sro-budapest/documents/publication/wcms_504529.pdf
Pawlak, Patryk, Michal Polakowski et. al (eds.) (2010) Dis(Integration Policy). Managing Third Country Citizens’ Integration in Poland” Warsaw: Scholar (in Polish)
Polakowski, Michal and Dorota Szelewa (2010) Taxation and Social Policy. In: Taxes. A Guide. Warszawa: Krytyka Publiczna ((n Polish).
Pawlak, Patryk, Michal Polakowski et. al. (2010) Introduction: from dis(integration) to migrant-mainstreaming. In Pawlak, Patryk, Michal Polakowski et. al (eds.) Dis(Integration Policy). Managing Third Country Citizens’ Integration in Poland. Warsaw: Scholar (in Polish).
Polakowski, Michal (2010) Immigrant integration projects in the field of labour market and social policy in: In Pawlak, Patryk, Michal Polakowski et. al (eds.) Dis(Integration Policy). Managing Third Country Citizens’ Integration in Poland. Warsaw: Scholar (in Polish).
POLICY PAPERS AND REPORTS
Polakowski, Michal. Poland – Labour Relations and Social Dialogue: Annual Reviews (issued in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018). Friedrich Ebert Stiftung. http://www.fes-socialdialogue.org/news-list/e/the-2018-annual-reviews-of-labour-relations-and-social-dialogue-for-19-countries-in-central-eastern-europe-and-southeast-europe-are-online/
Warsaw Debates on Social Policy Papers Series (Warsaw: Friedrich Ebert Foundation and ICRA Foundation, each paper around 8000 words, in Polish):
- Bakalarczyk, R., Sutowski, M., Polakowski, M. and D. Szelewa (2017) Social Policy of the Law and Justice government;
- Polakowski, M. and D. Szelewa (2016) Right-wing turn in Polish politics;
- Polakowski, M. and D. Szelewa (2016) Balance sheet of PO-PSL coalition;
- Polakowski, M. and D. Szelewa (2016) Refugees: are we ready?;
- Polakowski, M. and D. Szelewa (2015) Social policy of Poland during socialist period;
- Polakowski, M. Hagemejer, K. et. al. (2015) Global Social Policy;
- Bakalarczyk, R., Kubicki, P.,Polakowski, M. (2015) Disability in Poland – the issue of care;
- Polakowski, M. and D. Szelewa (2014) Social policy and the process of European Integration;
- Polakowski, M. and D. Szelewa (2014) Crisis and social policy;
- Polakowski, M. (2013) Unemployment in Poland: between individual strategies and state;
- Polakowski, M. and D. Szelewa (2013) Social policy and migration;
- Szelewa, D. and M. Polakowski (2012) Social policy after 1989: language, context and development perspectives;
- Polakowski, M. (2012) Young Poles: education and labour market problems;
- Polakowski, M. (2012) Polish pension system: risk and opportunities.
Policy reports – iMAP-The Map of Integration Initiatives in Poland (Center for International Relations Working Papers, each paper about 8000 words, in Polish):
- Polakowski, M. (2010) The access of third countries’ migrants to social assistance and healthcare services in Poland;
- Polakowski, M. (2010) Labour market policy towards third countries’ migrants in Poland;
- Polakowski, M. (2010) Social security rights of third countries’ migrants in Poland
Other working papers:
- Polakowski, M. and D. Szelewa (forthcoming 2018) Future of the Welfare State. Perspectives from the Baltic Sea Region, Warsaw: Friedrich Ebert Foundation and ICRA Foundation;
- Polakowski, M. Poland – labour relations and social dialogue: annual review. Bratislava: Friedrich Ebert Stiftung (issued in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, forthcoming 2018);
- Polakowski, M. (2012) The labour market situation of Polish youth, country report for Youth Unemployment in Europe project, Friedrch Ebert Foundation;